Reconsider and Washtenaw County Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED) are announcing the launch of venture LOCAL—a local investing awareness, education, and engagement campaign designed to accelerate investment in locally-owned businesses across Washtenaw County. We thank our fellow voters for bringing this to you as an Act 88 local economy endeavor.
The campaign includes several elements that will roll out over the next six months.
- A Community Gathering in each major city: Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester, Milan, Saline, and Ypsilanti
- Local investor trainings in Chelsea and Ann Arbor (provided by Revalue, a registered investment advisory firm)
- Outreach across all denominations in the faith community
- Investment Readiness Training Scholarships for local enterprises
- Creation of fact sheets and learning aids
Watch for your town’s Gathering! (tentative schedule)
- November: Dexter
- December: Manchester
- January: Saline
- February: Milan
- March: Ypsilanti, Chelsea
Events We’re Participating In:
- September 4th: Innovate Michigan! Summit 2014 - East Lansing, MI
Reconsider’s co-learning plan on investment crowdfunding in Michigan has been published and will be presented at the upcoming Summit. Reconsider has teamed up with Michigan State University Center for Regional Economic Innovation to explore the new Michigan Invests Locally Exemption and its implications on the Michigan ecosystem.
- September 26th: Roar of the Crowd: Essentials of Investment Crowdfunding - Traverse City, MI
A “How To” Workshop for Entrepreneurs and Crowdfunding Enthusiasts. Explore how investment Crowdfunding can help finance your entrepreneurial venture or community project. Learn from local and statewide experts on campaign design, implementation best practices, and legal and legislative components of the new Michigan MILE Act, network with local entrepreneurs and industry professionals who are moving this work forward in northern Michigan. Join Reconsider in the afternoon as we facilitate attendees through a due diligence simulation designed to ignite our investment decision making processes!
Call the Northwestern Michigan College Extended Education for details: 231-995-1700 or visit www.nmc.edu/small-business. See the NMC website for registration information.
- October 27-28th: 2014 Good Food Summit - Lansing, MI
Join us as we share the latest developments in the investment crowdfunding and local investing movements and how they are affecting Michigan’s local food systems.